Tampa, FL United States
We are seeking a Planning Project Manager to join our team in Tampa, FL. The successful candidate will be a strong critical thinker with solid communication skills who can successfully shepherd projects through municipal review and approval processes.
- Working within a team framework, as well as independently, on a wide range of project types and applications, both public and private, focusing on mixed-use, residential and commercial projects.
- Preparation of due diligence reports, applications, land use justifications and project narratives.
- Collaboration with multiple disciplines within Maser Consulting in pursuit of entitlement efforts in multiple jurisdictions.
- Attendance and representation of projects at stakeholder meetings and public hearings.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in City/Regional Planning or related field
- 10 years of experience
- AICP certification required
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Knowledge of FL entitlement process; experience with large housing and mixed use developments desirable
- Ability to prepare permitting and planning reports/documents related to obtaining project entitlements
- Ability to assist engineering group with preparation of concept drawings, site plans documents, GIS
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage and provide support for multiple projects in multiple jurisdictions
- Ability to interpret and apply municipal ordinances
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Ability to research and compile complex due diligence reports for use in evaluating potential development sites
- Ability to work/negotiate with local review agencies and stakeholder groups on behalf of client’s needs
- Strong presentation skills and ability to speak before governing bodies and neighborhood groups