Planner & Engagement Specialist
MAKERS architecture and urban design, LLP
Seattle, WA United States
MAKERS Architecture and Urban Design is seeking a creative, independent, and collaborative individual to lead a variety of land use planning, community engagement, and facilities planning projects.
- Five years minimum experience managing projects or tasks within the planning, community engagement, urban design, and/or facilities planning fields
- Degree in planning, communications, public administration, social sciences, landscape architecture, architecture, or related field
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Outstanding administrative, organization, and project management skills, including the ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to produce, track, and manage deliverables with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced, high-expectation environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, such as humor and empathy, and grounded in principles of racial and social equity
- Ability to facilitate focus groups, workshops, charrettes, roundtables, large group dialogues, etc.
- Ability to build long-term relationships with clients
- Ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Proficient in MS Office and competency with Adobe InDesign
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong graphic design skills and competency with GIS
- Enjoys research and analysis; has experience summarizing best practices, creating charts and graphics to communicate analysis, etc
- Knowledge of sustainable and resilient community, building, and site design
- Ability to travel
- Multiple language skills are a plus
Candidates with less experience that can demonstrate strong capabilities will also be considered.
Please send a cover letter, resume and work samples to: RachelM@makersarch.com. No phone calls please.
Closing Date: Open until Filled