Cincinnati, OH United States
Bayer Becker is one of the region's most highly regarded multi-disciplinary design practices, and we're looking for motivated individuals who enjoy a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Why Join The Bayer Becker Team?
A trusted and sturdy foundation
For almost 50 years, Bayer Becker has provided the highest quality professional design consulting services for the land development industry in the Greater Cincinnati area. We are committed to excellence and providing our employees with an opportunity to work on impactful projects as part of a highly skilled and dynamic team.
Shape the future of Greater Cincinnati
As a Land Planner with Bayer Becker, you have the unique position to help shape the development of communities in Greater Cincinnati. The region is growing faster than ever. Now is your chance to be a part of that growth. Leave your mark!
Be part of a diverse team
We offer Civil & Transportation Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, and Planning services for projects that cover a wide range of market sectors.
Uphold your values
Our team is bound together by core values of Integrity, Quality, Service and Continuous Improvement. We don't just post them on our wall — we live them every day, every job.
Get what you deserve
Bayer Becker offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, HSA, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays, professional training, a profit sharing program and much more.
About the position
We are currently seeking an Urban Planner with a bachelor's degree in urban planning or higher to join our team in our Cincinnati office. The position will assist with the development of feasibility studies, project planning and design, design graphics, report writing and production.
- Translate ideas from sketches, plans, specifications, and written and verbal instruction into complete and accurate working plans.
- Assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final document preparations.
- Analyze facts involved in the land-use decision-making process.
- Conduct technical research
- Interpret and apply department policies and procedures.
- Organize, prioritize, and independently perform work assignments.
- Support numerous projects with client deadlines in a fast-paced office environment.
- Plan writing and project management
- Prepare due diligence reports and zoning summaries
- Evaluate existing site conditions including infrastructure, wetlands, natural aspects, access, soils and other factors impacting a site
- Fully participate in internal and external charrettes
- Knowledge of planning at the local, and state levels
- Knowledge of key principles of city and regional planning, and urban design
- Experience in land use planning, comprehensive planning, corridor plans, and site planning
- Strong background in design
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Urban or Regional Planning, or a related field. A Masters Degree is a plus.
- Technical skills including demonstrated strong proficiencies in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suites, ArcMap, Sketchup, 3D modeling, Microsoft Office Suites, and hand-generated graphics
- Experience with creating conceptual designs utilizing electronic capabilities (drawing, image editing, and 3d animation) using Wacom Cintiq large format HD Pen Display for computer drafting and hand generated sketches.
- Proficiency in writing skills and graphics.
If you are interested in joining the team at Bayer Becker, please e-mail a cover letter letting us know how you would complement our team, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.