Columbus, OH United States
Who We Are
Planning NEXT is a leading community visioning and planning practice located in the Short North neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio. Our tight-knit and fast-paced office is seeking a supportive and energetic team member to support our national practice. Our work is grounded in the belief that strong technical planning must be integrated with robust community engagement that brings people together to develop a shared vision for the future.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone passionate about making better places, focused on positively impacting people, and the talent to make us all better.
The planner will assist project managers with key aspects of planning projects, including the following:
- Preparing communications and outreach materials for planning processes, including the design of print collateral and online communications tools;
- Providing support for public workshops and events, including preparing materials, facilitating small groups and processing public input gathered;
- Researching, collecting and analyzing data on community conditions and trends and working with project managers to present information in a clear and compelling manner in multiple formats;
- Preparing draft content for presentations to clients, stakeholders and the public;
- Preparing maps and graphics that help to effectively convey key data and help tell important stories about communities;
- Drafting text for planning documents and interim deliverables that is technically competent while also accessible to the intended audience(s);
- Assisting with editing and formatting plans and other documents; and
- Assisting with general marketing activities and tasks.
- A strong belief in the integration of meaningful community input with strategic and comprehensive planning;
- Excellent organization and task management capabilities;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- An aptitude for visual/graphic presentation;
- Proficiency in MS Office software;
- Proficiency in Adobe and Creative Suite;
- General proficiency in ArcGIS (mapping, data management and analysis); and
- A master’s degree in city planning or related field.
- 3-4 years of post-graduate professional planning experience (this experience must be beyond any internship experience)
- Experience must be in a professional planning role (public sector or private consulting)
For more information about Planning NEXT, visit www.planning-next.com.
If you want to join us, please email a cover letter and resume to Sarah Bongiorno, email@example.com. No phone calls please.