Project Associate: Urban Planning and Design
Berkeley, Sacramento, San Diego, CA United States
MIG, Inc. is a national planning, design, management, communications, and technology firm with 275 employees in 15 U.S. offices. We are looking for dynamic urban planners and designers to join our Berkeley, Sacramento, and San Diego offices. For consideration, we ask that you have an education and professional background in urban planning or urban design and foremost, a passion to work with a creative, driven team dedicated to creating great places.
The Project Associate will work on general plans, specific plans, downtown plans, campus master plans, and streetscape design. This position will assist with plan analyses and reports; mapping, visualization, and graphics production; community engagement; and other efforts for public and private sector clients. Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communications and skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities and people.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelors and/or master's degree in urban design, architecture, or city/urban planning.
- Musts: strong writing and critical thinking skills, excellent graphics capabilities, the desire to work as an enthusiastic team member, and a sense of fun
- Required computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. GIS, AutoCAD, SketchUp
- Pluses: Design skills and bilingual capabilities
This is a full-time position. Some evening and weekend work will be required for community engagement efforts and deadline-driven work.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in urban design, city/urban planning, or architecture
- 1-4 years of professional experience in planning, policy, urban design, and community engagement
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong graphic and design skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and produce high-quality work
- Ability to work as part of a team
MIG is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a comprehensive benefits program, flexible work schedule, a rewarding work environment, and a creative atmosphere. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please email your resume and portfolio with references and a descriptive cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify your location preference, if any. No phone calls or email inquiries, please. The positions are open until filled.