Islamorada, Village of Island
Islamorada, FL United States
TO APPLY - ALL DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Cover letter, Resume and Islamorada Employment Application.
Applications can be downloaded: http://www.islamorada.fl.us/departments/human_resources/jobopportunities.php
Performs a variety of technical and professional work in the current or long range planning programs and/or environmental resource planning programs. Position may require use of Village vehicle in performance of duties.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Reviews development and permit applications including but not limited to A-Frame sign registration, home occupation permits, temporary use permits, temporary storage permits, and bi-annual wireless communication facilities reports for compliance with the Village's Land Development Regulations and Comprehensive Plan.
- Reviews and processes building permits in accordance with the Village Code of Ordinance and environmental regulations.
- Prepares zoning and use determination letters, letters of current site conditions and pre-application conference summary letters.
- Administers the Building Permit Allocation System (BPAS) including acceptance and review of applications, quarterly rankings and preparation of resolutions related to BPAS
- Interprets, explains and enforces provisions of Village Codes, Comprehensive Plan, Florida Statutes, applicable laws and regulations, and other policies and standards to potential applicants and the public.
- Answers telephone and counter inquiries regarding Village ordinances and requirements.
- Researches and analyzes ordinances pertaining to planning, zoning, or environmental resource issues.
- May be assigned to coordinate the planning activities for specific program(s).
- Uses computers and software programs for various project tracking and various technical planning projects and studies. Prepares maps.
- Assists the Director in the compilation of data, through computer searches and field work.
- Prepares a variety of written communications, including analytical reports and studies based on research findings.
- Makes oral and graphic presentations or prepares materials for presentation to Village Council, Local Planning Agency, Development Review Committee and community groups.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Position:
Bachelor's Degree in Urban/Regional/City Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Geography or closely related field. Equivalency: Unrelated Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years of professional zoning experience.