Planning Technician (Planner I)
Tucson, AZ United States
SAFEbuilt provides a range of community planning services to clients nationwide. We seek a planning professional with current planning experience for an immediate opening to join our team. The job title will be determined based on a combination of experience, education, and demonstrated skills. This Planning Technician will work closely with our planning team on development review projects.
- Reviewing submitted plans and documentation for conformance to regulations of the applicable zoning ordinance, including: setbacks, bulk measurements, height, building coverage, landscaping, parking, and other specific design standards
- Data entry within electronic permitting systems
- Coordinating internal plan scanning, remote electronic review, and activities of other reviewers
- Acting as the point of contact for applicants with regard to the status of their review, explanation of comments, and required revisions
- Ensuring completion of application processing including stamping, logging, and returning plan sets to clients
- Maintain positive relationships with municipal personnel and SAFEbuilt Studio staff
- Suggest/recommend procedures and processes to improve operations
- Ensure that customer commitments and company goals related to plan review turn-around times are consistently met or exceeded
- Work independently on concurrent projects in a relatively fast-paced environment.
- Reading and interpreting site plans, floor plans, elevations, and sections. Ability to use architectural and engineering scales.
- Understanding basic planning and zoning practice along with the ability to review plans and apply provisions of the ordinances and codes to determine compliance with such regulations
- Writing and communicating effectively
- The application of statistical, algebraic, or geometric knowledge to practical situations
- Working with computer hardware and software programs, which may include the Microsoft Office suite, the Adobe suite, Internet applications, and GIS
- Being able to positively interact with the other team members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele
- Demonstrating specific attention to detail
The position requires the following:
- The completion of an associate's degree in urban planning, architecture, construction management, or a related field that would give the applicant experience with reviewing architectural or development related drawings
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred and may substitute for two years of experience
- Graduate degree candidates are encouraged to apply. Potential schedule flexibility exists.
The position requires the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in plans review, drafting plans, zoning administration, or building code review
- Demonstrated work experience interfacing directly with customers to resolve customer issues
Competitive salary and benefits offered
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 800 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services.Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1100 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org you may call us directly on 970-292-2200.