Assistant Director, Events Management Office
Babson Park, MA United States
The Assistant Director will lead event coordination and strategy of specific alumni events; serve as events liaison to select Babson centers and institutes; assist in the planning and execution of logistics, as well as support, for specific college and alumni programs and events as assigned; and work on events for other campus groups as assigned.
- Independently advise on strategy and manage the planning and execution of selected programs and events which includes on-site coordination and management.
- Serve on campus committees as assigned.
- Develop working relationship with Centers on campus, such as the Sorenson Center for the Arts, Blank Center, Center for Women's Entrepreneurial Leadership, the Cutler Center, and the Lewis Institute for their major community activities and programs.
- Liaison with departments conducting events including Admissions and Career Services to provide consultative services, as well as logistical and on-site support for their events.
- Provide event planning and execution for regional alumni and development programs and events by working closely with Major Gift Officers, Alumni Directors, and volunteers.
- Attend and oversee events and meetings conducted by the Events Management Office to ensure program needs are met and act as a college representative.
- Serve as the liaison with Constant Contact and JIRA project management system within the department as well as provide support in the use of Active Data, Millennium, EMS, and other events software.
- Creates and manages online registration for major campus events in conjunction with Millennium and other relevant software/databases.
- Maintains accurate databases and records; completes all post-event reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Debriefs with Directors post-events which includes final event reporting and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 4-6 years of increasingly responsible experience in events management.
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with a diverse population of customers and partners.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and with interruptions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive material confidentially.
- Ability to perform complex computer functions, such as database management and file merges.
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Preference to candidates with international event experience
- Preference given to direct experience working with student body, faculty, staff, and other constituents.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.