2 Positions: Mid-Level Planner + Urban and Public Planner
Austin, TX United States
How to Apply
DTJ DESIGN (DTJ), an award-winning, multi-discipline, international-design practice, has an opening for an Urban + Public Planner + a Mid-Level Planner in our Boulder + Austin offices. We have four offices: Boulder, CO; Atlanta, GA; Austin and Dallas, TX. DTJ has a diverse portfolio at a variety of scales, including design and visioning for high-profile master-planned communities, neighborhood design and infill, public environments, residential club and amenities, resort and hospitality project environments.
At DTJ, we push the limits of design. We strategize and explore. We work hard and laugh hard. And we help our Clients “Experience Creativity” at every turn. DTJ provides a vibrant, supportive, and integrated atmosphere for designers to excel within a collaborative studio of Architects, Landscape Architects, and Planners on project locations around the world. Join our team of epic creators!
Experience Necessary: We are seeking a highly talented and passionate designer who desires to incorporate creativity, storytelling, artistry, and outstanding energy into their Public Design + Planning pursuits. This individual will work among our creative, Public Design practitioners on a myriad of projects and will be responsible for various management, design, and production efforts as well interpreting and responding to RFPs and RFQs. Project Types include: Citywide Comprehensive Plans, Parks Master Plans, Trails Master Plans, and Small Area Plans (including Urban Design solutions). Applicants are expected to have a strong aptitude for Creative Writing + Development of artistic Mapping. Opportunities for sustained career growth, and advancement are available for motivated and talented individuals.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Positive attitude and great communication skills
- Self-motivated and professionally driven
- Public Engagement + Presentation experience
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Strong presentation, design, and graphic skills (digital and hand drawn)
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
Salary Range $60,000 - $90,000 (pending experience)
Why Work at DTJ - “Experience Culture”
- Competitive compensation with an excellent benefit package
- Profit sharing, matching 401k, 2 weeks PTO, with the option of purchasing additional time, 6 days Sick Leave + 7 paid holidays.
- Fun, Connecting and Great Work Environment
- Four awesome offices; Boulder, Atlanta, Austin + Dallas
- Unique and challenging design opportunities, creating fabulous environments across many scales, in locations around the world!
- Work Hard/Laugh Hard: We love our social gatherings and give back to our communities though our “Experience Compassion” program
- Most importantly, DTJ offers an exciting career working in an integrated design environment with great advancement opportunities.
Please send a resume and portfolio of work to email@example.com with desired job title and office location in the subject line. Keep all submissions under 9MB. Please, no phone calls.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent design degree.
Learn More about DTJ at dtjdesign.com