Community Development Specialist
City of Champaign
Champaign, IL United States
How to Apply
As a member of the Neighborhood Services Department, the Community Development Specialist is a subject matter expert in receiving and allocating federal and other funding to make meaningful, tangible, and personal impact in the lives of our community members.
Responsibilities of Position
The Community Development Specialist collaborates with area partners such as non-profit housing development agencies, financial institutions, and contractors in the implementation of the City's Neighborhood Plan. They work on multiple projects simultaneously, administer contracts, perform grant compliance and monitoring, and conduct real estate negotiations for the acquisition and sale of City-owned properties.
- A bachelor's degree in urban planning, real estate, finance, or a related field.
- 3 years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to plan, organize, and administer programs and strategies for local need.
- Current valid state-issued driver's license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of or experience with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development programs (CDBG, HOME).
- Experience with research and analysis.
- Experience with HUD eConPlan Suite, IDIS or similar databases.
- Finance experience.
- Experience with grant compliance and monitoring, regulatory compliance, case management, contracting, underwriting, site inspection, revitalization programming, the Uniform Relocation Act, or conducting training or educational workshops.
- Knowledge of real estate procedures and practices.