Planner I / II
City of Baytown
Baytown, TX United States
How to Apply
Join a team where your experience and creativity will be valued, where vision and imagination are brought to life, and where your contributions will make a difference in the lives of others.
Our team of planning professionals enjoys a relaxed work environment and flexible scheduling, with the resources to turn visions into realities.
Find your place with the City of Baytown as our next Planner I/II.
The ideal candidate will have experience in reviewing building plans and ensuring compliance with codes and regulations. Strong customer service skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and situations is a must. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Full Benefits Package Including:
- Paid holiday, vacation & sick leave to support your work/life balance
- Insurance options
- Free employee clinic for medical coverage participants
- TMRS retirement with 14% City contribution
- Mental health and financial education benefits
- And much more!
Baytown is a growing community with a population of about 87,000 situated on the north side of Galveston Bay approximately 25 miles from Downtown Houston. As a full-service municipal government our purpose is simple – Together we enrich lives and build community.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or institution in Planning, Architecture, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in GIS, and the full suite of Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record (must obtain TX driver's license within 90 days).
An equivalent combination of education, experience, certification and/or licenses sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.