Current Planning Division Manager (Planning Manager)
City of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO United States
How to ApplyURL: https://www.kcmo.gov/city-hall/departments/human-resources/careers
- Manages the administration and coordination, and supervision of the Development Management Division.
- Carries through development applications to the City Plan Commission, Board of Zoning Adjustment and the City Council public hearing processes.
- Supervises and coordinates professional, technical, and clerical personnel engaged in preparing staff reports of a complex character, making public presentations, and development of zoning code amendments.
- Supervises the development compliance branch.
- Work groups include City Plan Commission current planners, Board of Zoning Adjustment current planners, Plats Group current planners, Development Compliance community engagement officers, Administration clerical personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRES an accredited Master's degree in Planning and 4 years responsible professional experience in city, regional, or urban planning work; OR an accredited Bachelor's degree and 6ears of professional experience in city, regional, or urban planning work including 3 years at the level of the City's Planner. Preference given for candidates with an AICP Certification.
Full-time position available with the City Planning & Development Department, Development Management Division located at 414 E. 12th St.
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
*Telework available 1 day per week after probationary period.
Application Deadline Date: March 4, 2024
Apply online at www.kcmo.gov/jobs.