Leavenworth County Planning and Zoning
|Job at a Glance|
|Job Category||Land-Use Management and Code Enforcement|
|Job Level||Mid I (1-4 years)|
|AICP Certification||Not Required|
1. Provide information on County land use regulations, policies and procedures to customers by phone, correspondence, or in person in a courteous manner.
2. Review each application for a building permit for compliance with Zoning and Subdivision Regulations and other county land use policies.
3. Provide building permit processing services.
4. Review zoning change applications (rezoning, special permits, variances, amendments to the regulations) for conformance with the Comprehensive Plan, zoning and subdivision regulations, and county policies.
5. Prepare and present agenda items for the same to the Planning Commission and County Commission.
6. Review plat applications for conformance with the comprehensive plan, zoning and subdivision regulations, and county policies. Prepare and present an agenda item for the same to the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals.
7. Compile reports and draft planning documents as required.
8. Work with the Sanitary Code of Leavenworth County, Kansas Department of Health and Environmental Bulletin 4-2, KDHE Environmental Handbook and other state and federal laws, statues and regulations.
9. Updates Sanitary Code and Resolutions as needed.
10. Responsible for providing training to septic system installers, designers and haulers. Maintains a licensing program for septic system installers, designers and haulers. Maintains a log of pre building inspections/percolation test results.
11. Inspects new septic installation/wastewater lagoons and repairs to septic existing septic systems. Performs inspections to insure percolation tests are being performed to county standards. Determines the soil type in which a sewage disposal system will be located on.
12. Provides information and assistance to installers and the general public.
13. Works with the Local Environmental Protection Program (LEPP). Works with other departments, cities,
Page 2 of 3
KDHE, on sewage problems, environmental problems and dumpsite cleanup projects.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Planning Director.
|Contact Name||Stephanie Sloop|
|Postal Address||300 Walnut Street
Leavenworth, KS 66048