All e-book sales are final. No e-book refunds will be issued.
Originally published in 1995 — e-book version released in 2013.
What do planners do? To find out, Charles Hoch interviewed 29 practicing planners and observed how they interacted with staff, citizens, and public officials. In What Planners Do, he tells their stories.
The most effective planners have more than just tech...
Adobe PDF $44.99
About the Authors
Table of Contents
1. Planning and professional authority in a liberal society
2. The quest for institutional authority
3. The rational protocol and political conflict
4. Research and rationality
5. Making plans
6. Planning regulation
7. Negotiation and the bottom line
8. Organizing for change
9. Racism and planning
10. Research on effective planning
11. Planning deliberation and politics
12. Professional authority: Craft, character, and community