Log in to add to cart or create a non-member account by clicking My APA.
Advanced Urban Design Workshop
CM | 8.00
Listen as experienced urban designers talk about the methods they use to analyze environments and recommend changes.
Published by American Planning Association, 2014
Format: Streaming Media, 480 minutes
$169.00 AICP member
$191.00 APA member
$400.00 Group viewing
Where does urban design fit into the culture of city planning? Take a look at different ways of seeing and documenting issues, places, and communities. Listen as experienced urban designers talk about the methods they use to analyze environments and recommend changes. Learn how programs, projects, and people can put recommended urban design policies into action. And explore a real-world problem that illustrates creative approaches to urban design.
Considering the Advanced Specialty Certification in Urban Design examination?
Subjects covered in this workshop relate to the following areas of the Advanced Specialty Certification in Urban Design exam:
(2) Sustainability and the sub headings of: environmental; social; and economic.
(3) Agency and the subheadings of: understanding and managing change; inclusion; access; analysis; leadership; facilitation; community and individual quality of life.
(5) Mobility and Accessibility and the subheadings of: access to basic human needs; streets/streetscapes and wellness; multi-modal access; and access.
(6) Urban Framework and the subheadings are: history and precedents; theory and city form; natural systems; land use, density, and intensity; public realm; streets/streetscapes; public transit; publicly accessible urban space; urban typology; quality of materials; utilities and infrastructures; public art; and parking.
(11) Tools of the Trade and the subheadings of: analysis; description; engagement.
While attendees will learn about contemporary practice excellence, this workshop will not discuss examination questions, specific content, or strategies for taking the exam.
Group Viewing: The group viewing option allows you to purchase access to a streaming presentation, then gather as many people as desired together to watch the group showing of the product. After you purchase access to group viewing, you may wait until you are ready for the showing to activate it. Upon activation, you have six months to host your group viewings.
For full information on individual and group viewing of streaming education, read "How It Works."
Mark Hinshaw, FAICP, Director of Urban Design, LMN Architects; Brianna S. Holan, AICP, Urban Designer, LMN Architects; Jennifer Toole, AICP, President, Toole Design Group, LLC
Questions about APA streaming media?-> How it Works