The APA Private Practice Division is pleased to celebrate its 25th anniversary as a division of the American Planning Association!
As a division dedicated to meeting the needs of private planning consultants, we offer our members access to valuable networking opportunities, business resources, current information on private practice planning, and technical support. Your membership helps us to highlight issues and opportunities of interest to private practice planners. We welcome you to join us in our efforts to promote quality private practice!
The APA Private Practice Division seeks to:
• Promote the quality of private practice.
• Improve the quality of life as a private practitioner.
• Increase the recognition of the value of planning in the private sector.
• Improve the manner in which consultants are used.
• Improve the image of the planner/private practitioner.
The division's varied educational outreach has included topics such as:
- Small Firms: Doing Your Job While Running Your Business
- Matching Consultants and Clients
- Small Planning Firm — Large Consulting Firm
- ABCs of RFPs and RFQs
- Using Planning Consultants During Lean Times
- The Secrets to Improving Client-Consultant Relations
- The Future of Private Planning Consultants
- The Ethics of Private Practice Consulting
- Planners Gone Wild! How to Start a New Consulting Firm
- Public vs. Private Practice Planning
|Now Available: Private Practice Planning Handbook|
The APA Private Practice Division has produced an exclusive division member-only benefit: the Private Planning Practice Handbook, an outstanding publication with insightful information for prospective, novice, and seasoned planning consultants. We are proud to have this exciting publication to offer our division members.
Topics include as "Organizing the Planning Consulting Business," "Project Management," "The Personal Side of Consulting," and many useful templates, including a sample agreement for services.
Division members may receive their PDF copy by sending a request to email@example.com.