Regional and Intergovernmental Planning
The Regional and Intergovernmental Planning Division provides a communication platform for planners and other professionals to discuss regional policy, research, and plan implementation at the multi-jurisdictional level. RIPD provides a forum for the exchange of information, knowledge, and solutions among professional planners, appointed planning officials, and other allied groups and individuals involved in urban and regional planning.
RIPD's current activities include:
- Preparation of a Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Report on emerging trends in regional planning, highlighting the evolution from single-issue plans to more multidimensional and long-range strategies that integrate related issues;
- Providing useful and timely communication to Division members on a regular basis through the Division's E-news and E-journal;
- Sponsoring annual Regional Livable Communities forums to facilitate the peer exchange of information and highlight best practices among Metropolitan Planning Organizations with these programs;
- Providing support to an initiative to create a national collaborative of state planners designed to promote state level planning best practices, continued operation of state-level planning functions, and research and education opportunities;
- Provide training to members free or at low-cost through webinars on special topics throughout the year;
- Provide high-quality presentations and facilitated discussions on current topics in regional and intergovernmental planning at the APA National Conference.