Latinos and Planning Division
The Latinos and Planning Division held dialogos (Spanish for "dialogues") around the United States to identify critical planning issues.
We are building a diverse and supportive national network of planning, community, and policy professionals to address these issues.
We are working to influence planning organizations, funders, policymakers, academics and others to address the strategies identified in the dialogos.
Priority issues we've identified based on nationwide dialogos:
- Increase numbers of Latinos participating in planning in their communities
- Improve the ways urban planners understand and relate to the needs and desires of Latino communities
- Promote urban design that addresses needs of Latino communities
- Help empower Latino communities to build and implement plans for their communities
- Help facilitate continuously improving planning processes to provide and improve results for Latino community residents and stakeholders
- Help stakeholders connect relationship between redevelopment and gentrification in Latino communities and reduce impacts to every-day lives of citizens
We invite you to join the division — receive its newsletter and participate in its NING community featuring a blog, online discussion forums, a calendar of events, resources, and membership profiles.
Monica Villalobos, Chair