Planners' Day on Capitol Hill
Meet face to face with your representatives and their staff in Washington, D.C., during APA's Policy and Advocacy Conference, to talk funding for critical planning programs in FY 2018, and planning issues top of mind for your community.
Get Ready for Planners' Day
Webinar Readies Advocates for Capitol Hill Meetings
APA's policy team walks Planners' Day participants through everything you need to know for easy and impactful congressional meetings.
Watch the recording:
The app will help you:
- Research your representative
- View leave behinds
- Read up on bills important to planning
- Connect with other Planners' Day advocates
- Engage with @APAadvocates - APA's advocacy-focused handle - on Twitter
Thank You for Telling Your Planning Story
At the 2016 Planners' Day on Capitol Hill, APA leaders met with Congressional leaders and staff from more than 100 Senate and House offices, requesting three key congressional actions:
Continuation of support for federal place-based programs that promote good planning
- Supporting investment in urban parks through the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Adequate and responsible funding levels for appropriations in the upcoming fiscal year
Members across the country joined in on social media and through emails to Congress.