Career Reality Webinars
APA's Career Reality Webinars offer planners practical tips on job search, career paths, professional development issues for new and seasoned planners alike. APA Learn courses are open to all.
Get a list of free career webinars exclusively for you.
Upcoming Career Reality Webinars
APA provides a variety of career-focused webinars throughout the year. Future webinars will be listed here.
Careers in Federal Planning
December 17, 2020 | 4:00–5:00 p.m. ET
Presented by APA's Federal Planning Division
Join practicing planners employed with the federal government as they share their on-the-job opportunities and take a look at their career path and how best to discover federal planning opportunities related to environment, sustainability, and resilience.
Planners work for many federal agencies from the Department of Defense to the Federal Aviation Administration to the National Park Service. The webinar highlights how planners in the federal government, with different levels of experience, are actively working as planners in their day-to-day jobs. Members of the APA Federal Planning Division will lead the conversation on the variety of career paths related to federal planning. The division focuses on programs that protect and enhance those properties and improve the lives of the individuals who live on, work on, and/or use federal lands and facilities.
Join the moderated panel for insight and advice on career paths in federal planning.
Alison Evans, Master of City and Regional Planning Candidate, 2021, Georgia Tech
- Dennis Blazak, Community Plans and Liaison Officer, Naval Weapons Station Earle, U.S. Navy
- Matthew Dalby, Director of EPA's Office of Sustainable Communities
- Eliza Voigt, Senior Park Planner at the National Mall and Memorial Parks, National Park Service
- Distinguish the different career options with the federal government
- Understand the qualifications necessary for federal planning jobs
- Understand how to search for and apply for federal planning jobs
- Network with three federal planners
Need leadership development? Learn more, then get the course.
CM | 7.0
(Includes CM | 1.50 | Ethics and CM | 1.50 | Law)