Zoning Practice helps guide you as you write and administer smart development codes.
The Use Variance: Zoning Savior or Annihilator?
This edition of Zoning Practice reviews the history of the use variance, with a special focus on how states and local communities have refined their approaches in response to key court decisions. And it highlights approval criteria and procedures that Memphis and Shelby County, Tennessee, and other communities use to curb use variance abuses.
Zoning Practice analyzes trends and spotlights innovation in local land-use and development regulation. All student members have online access to ZP. Subscribers may read ZP online or in print.
- Planners and land-use attorneys responsible for drafting or administering zoning and other land-use and development regulations
- Emerging professionals interested in learning more about plan implementation
Share Your Expertise
We are especially eager to hear from potential authors with expertise on the following topics:
- Using zoning to promote racial equity
- Recent trends in small town and rural area zoning
- The effects of demographic or technological change on land-use demand