Zoning Practice helps guide you as you write and administer smart development codes.
Preserving Naturally Occurring Affordable Housing
This issue of Zoning Practice addresses how local governments can use zoning to preserve the existing supply of older, modest home. It briefly summarizes housing market conditions that illustrate the importance of naturally occurring affordable housing (NOAH) and presents a range of potential zoning strategies communities could use to slow the loss of NOAH.
Zoning Practice analyzes trends and spotlights innovation in local land-use and development regulation. It is a valuable digital resource for:
- Planners and land-use attorneys responsible for drafting or administering zoning and other land-use and development regulations
- Emerging professionals interested in learning more about plan implementation
Share Your Expertise
We are especially eager to hear from potential authors with expertise on the following topics:
- Using zoning to advance equity, sustainability, and resilience objectives
- Recent trends in small town and rural area zoning
- The effects of demographic or technological change on land-use demand