AICP Certification Diversity Scholarship
The American Planning Association is committed to providing opportunities for all to achieve excellence in planning by fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in the organization and in the planning profession.
AICP Certification Diversity scholarships help make the planning profession more diverse. Diversity is an inclusive concept which encompasses, but is not limited to race, ethnicity, class, gender, age, sexuality, ability, educational attainment, spiritual beliefs, creed, culture, tribal affiliation, nationality, immigration status, financial status, political beliefs, and veteran status.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, self-identify with one or more of the categories above, and have a financial need for the scholarship, please submit an applicaton. Here are additional details:
- Fifty scholarships will be awarded through a lottery system. Applicants can choose to receive the scholarship for the exam or the assessment (not both)
- Scholarship cannot be transferred to a future cycle, but recipients can re-apply
- Members who do not receive a scholarship, or members who passed the exam and would like to receive an additional scholarship for the assessment, can apply again in any future window
- All APA members (both domestic and international) can apply for the scholarship
- Test results will be shared with APA Chapter Professional Development Officers
March — Scholarship recipients selected
April — AICP registration window opens
May — Members take exam
June — AICP assessment submission window opens
September — Scholarship recipients selected
October — AICP registration window opens
November — Members take exam
December — AICP assessment submission window opens
* The dates for each cycle can be found on our website.
AICP Certification fees for Diversity Scholarship recipients
|Fee||Regular Fees||Scholarship Recipient Fees|
|Program and Exam Registration||$255||$85|
|Exam Transfer (if needed/requested)||$100||$100|
|Essay Appeal (if needed/requested)||$100||$100|