How to Log Certification Maintenance (CM) Credits
For AICP Members and CM Providers
AICP members are responsible for logging Certification Maintenance (CM) credits and managing their online CM log. The following steps will assist AICP members with logging CM credits for live online, live in-person and on-demand education.
AICP recommends CM providers provide these instructions at each event to assist AICP members. CM providers have found success by distributing these instructions either in the event program or printed on slips of paper at a CM sign in table.
To get started, please visit the Certification Maintenance (CM) webpage of APA's website to claim your CM credits for participation.
Log in using your APA ID number and website password.
Click the green button "View my CM Log"
From section, "Add Credits," select one of the following options "Add Events (note: this option includes live in-person and live online events), " "Add On-Demand Courses," "Add Self-Reported Credits," or "Add Authored Credits."
For more information about each event type, click the ? in the gray circle and a description will be provided.
After selecting an option to add credits, the next page you will see is CM Search. You will have the following search options on this page:
- Enter a keyword (e.g. event title) or event ID number in the search field at the top,
- Use the filter to narrow your search
- Filter by credit type (general CM credits, ethics or law)
- Event type (single, live online, or multipart)
- Date range
- Meeting type (free, APA, and archived events).
Additional Search Options
- If searching for an event by Provider, use the search CM Provider Search located on the left menu options, type in the name of the provider and click Go. From the results below, select by clicking on the name of the provider. To log your CM credits, follow steps 5 and 6 below.
- If searching for a recorded webinar or streaming media product, use the "Search On-Demand Courses option, located on the left menu options, and click Go. To log CM credits, follow steps 5 and 6 below.
After locating your event, there will be a button "Add to My Log" select by clicking button. If this is a multipart event, you will have the option to select from a list of activity sessions, click "Add Activities to My Log."
Rate the event and evaluate the speaker (select by clicking the star(s)), add a comment (optional: to add comment and publish along with your name on the APA website), and answer the Ethics statement by clicking the box to confirm.
If a speaker is listed, you must evaluate (select by clicking the star(s)), add a comment (optional: to add comment and publish along with your name on the APA website), and click the green submit button.
After you click to submit, your CM credits will be added to your CM log and you will see a confirmation in the green bar confirming that you have "Successfully submitted your claim." Click the "X" to dismiss the message.
If you wish to claim plus 1 CM credit as a speaker for preparation credit, click the option to confirm "I was a speaker/Instructor." See image below.
Using the "Credits" drop down menu, select the number that represents the total credits offered for the event PLUS 1 CM credit. For example: If the event at which you spoke offers a total of 1.0 CM credits, you add 1 CM credit for speaking and choose 2.0 CM credits total from the drop down menu.