World Town Planning Day
World Town Planning Day is celebrated in 30 countries on four continents each November. It is a special day to recognize and promote the role of planning in creating livable communities.
World Town Planning Day presents an excellent opportunity to look at planning from a global perspective, and APA encourages its members to consider planning challenges and solutions around the globe on that day.
The American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) endorses World Town Planning Day as a strategy to promote a broad-based awareness, support, and advocacy of community and regional planning among the general public and all levels of government through activities in recognition of American accomplishments on World Town Planning Day of each year.
The international organization for World Town Planning Day was founded in 1949 by the late Professor Carlos Maria della Paolera of the University of Buenos Aires to advance public and professional interest in planning, both locally and abroad.
Call for Papers: 2015 World Town Planning Day Online Conference
Housing Regeneration: Strengthening Communities
Deadline for Papers Extended: August 31, 2015
The 2015 World Town Planning Day Online Conference has issued a call for papers. The theme of the event is Housing Regeneration, Strengthening Communities.
The focus of the 2015 WTPD online conference will be to showcase and celebrate such plans and policies around the world. We seek examples of projects, tools, and programs that:
- have achieved measurable improvements towards housing regeneration
- can be replicated around the world to address similar issues in other communities
- are inclusive and engage with all sectors of the community
The event will be held November 4-6, 2015, and papers are due by August 31, 2015.
More information is available at www.planningtheworld.net.
Why Celebrate World Town Planning Day?
- To draw attention to the aims, objectives, and progress of urban and regional planning around the globe.
- To highlight the valuable contributions sound planning has made to the quality of global human settlements and their environment.
- To give worldwide coverage to the ideals of urban and regional planning not only within the profession but also among the general public.
What Is APA Doing for World Town Planning Day?
To highlight the impact and benefits of planning around the United States, APA encourages members to celebrate National Community Planning Month in October of each year.
APA encourages members to continue to think globally on World Town Planning Day.