Zoning Practice helps guide you as you write and administer smart development codes.
Zoning for Data Centers and Cryptocurrency Mining
This issue of Zoning Practice explores why cities, towns, and counties may wish to define and regulate data centers and cryptocurrency mining as distinct uses in their zoning codes and provides a summary of contemporary approaches. It begins with a brief overview of the factors that drive demand for data centers or cryptocurrency mines in particular locations before examining the key planning issues that may merit special attention through zoning and posing a series of questions to guide code drafting.
Zoning Practice analyzes trends and spotlights innovation in local land-use and development regulation. All student members and subscribers have online access to ZP.
- Planners and land-use attorneys responsible for drafting or administering zoning and other land-use and development regulations
- Emerging professionals interested in learning more about plan implementation
Share Your Expertise
We are especially eager to hear from potential authors with expertise on the following topics:
- Using zoning to advance equity, sustainability, and resilience objectives
- Recent trends in small town and rural area zoning
- The effects of demographic or technological change on land-use demand